Wednesday, October 31, 2007

neat-o: WiMax

So this definitely deserves a post, apparently network giant Cisco has put a great deal of money into WiMax technologies. As D.Ewalt says,
But it's cool stuff: When these networks are installed, providers will be able to beam a broadband data signal over an entire city, and users will be able to get online anywhere, any time.

I was very excited when I was in San Francisco that the parks and public areas had wifi access, or so I was told. Wouldn't it be nice if we no longer has to rely on those annoying hot-spots and could get reliable internet service wherever we are? Though it will be a damper on the satisfaction of stealing wireless internet from your neighbors; it will be a lot more regulated. Though perhaps this is good, neighbors sharing a single internet connection must put a strain on isp's and everything. Hummm, aside from giving up free internet, I think I like this idea..

No comments: